It’s your adventure, so why not make it everything you’ve ever dreamed about? More and more of our travelers are choosing to make their adventures their own—in fact, 88% of our travelers now take advantage of the freedom and flexibility to personalize their trip. From choosing your preferred airline, departure city, and upgrade options, to spending more time in the region by arriving early or adding a pre- or post-trip extension, here are some of the most common ways our travelers are personalizing their adventures.
Air Options: Start off your adventure with the air experience you want
Did you know that you have control over the way you want to fly with us? O.A.T’s team of Adventure Specialists makes every effort to provide you with non-stop flights and acceptable connection times to and from your destination. You also have several other ways you can personalize your air itinerary, which include:
- Choose your departure city and airline: We list the most popular gateway cities on our website, but not all of them. If you don’t see yours listed, or there’s one that better suits your needs, let us know. You can also tell us if you have an airline preference and we will try to accommodate your request.
- Depart from one city and return to another: Just because your flight leaves from one city doesn’t mean you have to return there. Maybe you flew out of Boston and wish to visit friends in Los Angeles after your trip is over. Tell us where you want to go and we’ll do our best to get you there.
- Upgrade your seat: We’ll gladly arrange a flight upgrade to business or premium economy class if it’s available.
- Fly the way you want to: When you fly economy class, we’ll do our best to see that you get your choice of seating preference or even add a special meal request if you have dietary restrictions or needs.
If you wish to change the itinerary we create for you—for any reason—simply contact our Air Service Counselors for additional options. Plus, we now offer international airport transfers to and from your hotel to our travelers who choose to purchase their own airfare on O.A.T. adventures.
Pre- and Post-Trip Extensions: Maximize your discoveries and your value
Many O.A.T. travelers simply don’t want their trips to end. With more than 150 of pre- and post-trip extensions to choose from, you have the chance to experience more of the places you’ve traveled so far to see—and create your own unique adventure. You’ll maximize your discoveries—often in an even smaller group than your main adventure—and your value by lowering your average per-day costs because you’re taking advantage of your already included international airfare.
Back-to-Back Adventures: Combine two adventures to see even more of the world
Many of our travelers choose to take another trip directly after their first one ends. Think about it: If you’re already overseas, why not see more of the world and avoid the expense and length of another international flight? Many of our travelers have taken two or three consecutive trips before returning home. Plus, enjoy these additional benefits by reserving back-to-back adventures:
- Combining two of our trips can save you up to $1750 per person compared to the cost of returning home and taking each trip separately
- When you reserve two trips “back-to-back,” we’ll deduct an additional $250 per person
- In addition, you’ll save on not having to purchase multiple roundtrip international flights
- You can immediately apply the Frequent Traveler Credits you will earn on your first trip to your second trip for even greater savings
Stopover: Relax, refresh, and explore on your own with included hotel, transfers, and breakfasts
We're pleased to provide our travelers with this opportunity to break up a lengthy flight, refresh, explore on their own, and perhaps even add another stamp to their passport. On more than 10 trips to Asia, Africa, and the South Pacific, our Stopover option features two- or three-night stays in iconic locales like Hong Kong, Dubai, Auckland, or Amsterdam, where you can spend time on your own before you begin your main adventure—or before your pre-trip extension.
Maybe you have a friend in Amsterdam that you’d love to connect with on your way to Africa. Or maybe you’ve always been curious about Dubai, a place where your flight to India stops en route to Delhi. This is your opportunity to conveniently expand the scope of your journey, and what you do during your Stopover is completely up to you!
All Stopovers include:
- An O.A.T. representative to greet you at the airport upon arrival
- 2-3 nights in a centrally-located hotel with daily breakfast
- Round-trip airport transfers
Please note: No O.A.T. representative will be available at your hotel during your 2- or 3-night Stopover. All activities are on your own.
“Break Away” Options: Spend more time in a destination to explore on your own
You can extend your time abroad and "break away" anywhere you'd like to do more exploring entirely on your own. Here are some common ways travelers “break away” for independent exploration:
- Staying overnight (or for a few days) in a common connecting city
- Spending more time before your adventure in the main trip’s first location, or after your adventure in the main trip’s final destination
Please note: Our Adventure Specialists can help you plan your airfare if you’d like to “break away,” however since this option is completely on your own, you will need to plan your own accommodations, meals, tours, and transfers.
Private Adventures: Travel in an exclusive group of friends or family
It’s always enjoyable to share your favorite travel memories with your loved ones—so imagine experiencing these unforgettable moments with those closest to you. For as little as $500 per person more than our published trip prices, you can reserve an EXCLUSIVE departure of any O.A.T. adventure with as few as four travelers.
- Get personal, one-on-one time with your local Trip Leader: Your Trip Leader will be dedicated to your group, offering local insights, adding unique firsthand perspectives, and ensuring each trip is personalized to your group’s needs. They want to make sure your adventure is one to remember.
- Tailor your adventure to your preferences: Spend more time doing what interests your group most at the speed that fits your comfort level. For example, if you’d like to spend more time in a particular destination or plan a special activity, your Trip Leader can help to arrange that for your group.
How will you personalize your dream adventure?
Call us at 1-800-955-1925 to get started — or
Call us to reserve your next adventure1-800-955-1925