Newly built in January of 2018, the 210 passenger the M/V Ventus Australis is an expedition ship designed exclusively for exploring the remote tip of South America, including Patagonia and the Chilean fjords. On board, our group of 20-25 (average of 22) O.A.T. travelers will mingle with other adventurers while absorbing the panoramas afforded by the viewing deck. We'll enjoy regional cuisine and wines, plus complimentary drinks. Our cabins feature low beds, a safe, private bath with shower, and large panoramic windows.
This ship is featured on this popular adventure:
- Dining areas. Savor regionally-inspired cuisine in the single-seating main dining area at tables reserved for our small group only. Enjoy complimentary beer and wine at meals.
- Indoor common areas. Relax in three lounges, peruse the ship's onboard library, or visit the small gift shop.
- Outdoor common areas. Take in the breathtaking views from the ship’s large viewing deck, or from your cabin's large, panoramic window.
- Zodiac crafts. Embark on Zodiacs from the ship for daily exploration of the glaciers, fjords, and wildlife in this remote corner of the world.
- Each cabin is 177-210 sq. ft. in size
- All cabins have panoramic windows
- In-cabin amenities: Low, moveable beds and safe
- In-bathroom amenities: Private shower
Ship and Crew Information
- Length: 292 feet
- Beam: 48 feet
- Draft: 11 feet
- Built: 2010
- Cabins: 100 cabins, 177-210 sq. ft. in size with moveable beds
- Passenger Capacity: 210
- Group Size: 20-25 travelers (average of 22), with 1 Trip Experience Leader
- Stairs, no elevator