The M/V Hondius will be your home away from home while you make unforgettable discoveries in the Arctic Circle. This 150-passenger vessel is the first civilian ship to ever receive a Polar Class 6 designation, making it the most advanced and innovative ice-breaking vessel in the polar regions. Optimized for navigating tumultuous waters, it seamlessly exceeds the latest eco-friendly requirements of the Polar Code, allowing you to enjoy this untouched wonderland while impacting it as little as possible.
The Hondius is also staffed by a friendly, English-speaking crew who will be eager to welcome you aboard, and features spacious cabins as well as comfortable common areas. These include a cozy guest lounge, an inviting indoor bar, and a topside Sun Deck where you can admire breathtaking scenery.
This ship is featured on this popular cruise:
- Restaurant with single, open seating: Savor internationally-themed and American-style dishes during all meals.
- Comfortable lounge: Witness towering glaciers and an array of wildlife, and participate in informative discussions in the panoramic Observation Room.
- Complimentary beverages: Enjoy house beer and wine—as well as soft drinks—at any time of day while onboard.
- Complimentary wireless Internet access (limited): Connect online in select common areas.
Please note: This trip features many remote locations where connectivity will likely be limited to text email only.
- English-speaking crew: Enjoy dedicated attention from the staff throughout your journey.
- Zodiac crafts: Venture into the Arctic landscape—including cruises and shore landings—aboard the ship’s Zodiacs.
- 23 double-occupancy suites between 204-377 sq. ft
- 53 double-occupancy twin cabins between 112-199 sq. ft.
- All outside-facing with a balcony, window, or porthole
- Suites and superior cabins have one double bed; twin cabins have two fixed twin beds
- Flat-screen TV, DVD player, telephone, safe
- Private bath with shower and toiletries
Ship and Crew Information
- Registration: The Netherlands
- Length: 353 feet
- Beam: 58 feet
- Draft: 17 feet
- Cabin Size: 129-377 sq. ft
- Number of Cabins (in use): 76
- Passenger Capacity: 150
- Entered Service:2019
- Staff & Crew Size:70
- Passenger Decks (in use):5
- Group Size: 6 groups of 20-25 travelers (average of 22), with 1 Trip Experience Leader each
- Elevator service to all passenger decks