Create the Adventure that's right for you. Learn how to personalize your trip, or view standard air routing and travel times.
Personalize your trip
You can choose to stay longer before or after your trip on your own, or combine two adventures to maximize your value. Here are more ways to create the OAT adventure that’s right for you:
- Extend your adventure and lower your per day cost with our optional pre- and post-trip extensions
- Choose our standard air routing, or work with us to select the airline and routing you prefer
- Make your own international flight arrangements directly with the airline, applying frequent flyer miles if available
- International airport transfers to and from your hotel, including meet and greet service, are available for purchase
- Stay overnight in a connecting city before or after your trip
- Request to arrive a few days early to get a fresh start on your adventure
- Choose to “break away” before or after your trip, spending additional days or weeks on your own
- Combine your choice of OAT adventures to maximize your value
- Upgrade to business or premium economy class
The air options listed above will involve an additional fee of $100 per person for confirmed requests (as well as incremental airfare costs based on your specific choice).
Or, when you make your reservation, you can choose our standard air routing, for which approximate travel times are shown below.
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Orlando
Minneapolis, Newark, New York (JFK), Philadelphia
Washington, DC (Dulles)
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle
Portland, OR, Phoenix
* Estimated total time, including connection and layover. Actual travel time may vary.
The information above reflects approximate flight times from the gateway cities listed to Johannesburg, South Africa. Routing is based on availability and subject to change. You will receive your final air itinerary approximately 14 days prior to departure.